The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 12 October 2009

Tea at sunrise

As autumn and winter approaches, the chill is without doubt creeping in to the riverside air. As I walk along the quayside here in Wivenhoe, I can hear the gentle jingle-jangle of things to do with boats clanging in the breeze.

When I get my boat, I will sleep on it all night at the first opportunity, so that I can experience waking up at the crack of dawn, boiling a kettle on an old camping stove, and making a brew of tea, as the low sun rises on the horizon, reflecting its rays onto the bow. I won't use tea bags. No, sirree! Only a tea pot and proper tea leaves will do on my boat. I will of course need a strainer.

I've heard that tea leaves are rather good for pot plants. Can anyone confirm? Earl Grey or English Breakfast? Twinings or PG? So many questions. So much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment