The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 17 October 2009

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Wow indeed! Yesterday I was taken to see the Boat For My Potplants. I was half expecting to find a wooden old wreck in its early stages of sinking. Instead I climbed aboard a sad, old, decrepit and neglected river boat that, in essence, is fine. Sure, it needs much TLC bestowed upon it to make it water-worthy again, but I'm in no doubt that it can be brought back to life.

It has a fiberglass hull!

There is an outboard motor!

There is space for the potplants!

I was clambering around on board like a demented boy. Like a cheshire cat who's just got the cheese.

After languishing for so long in the waters of the Ouze, the boat's own spirits soared yesterday, as it realised that new life was going to be breathed in to it one day soon.

There is much work to be done. But the first hurdle has been passed by a sea-going mile.

Now we must work in earnest to find a mooring in Wivenhoe, and then concentrate on getting her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment