The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Doing The Hokey Cokey

On climbing aboard my Boat For My Potplants, we (my friend Neil Rowland and I) most certainly did put our left leg in followed by our right arm. It was the only way we could climb on, through the gaps in the cover and tarpaulin that have been protecting the cabin for several years.

As we waited patiently for the marina's tow-boat to arrive we could hear the sound of a put-put coming towards us.

'I hope it's not that tiny thing', said Neil, as he spotted the titchy craft in the distance. Of course, sure enough, it was, driven by Andy from the marina. And what a nice guy Andy is. Full of enthusiasm and joy to be spending his working days with boats. It's because of people like Andy that made the day so special, as he expertly towed us along the river and through the lock.

It's all to do with the folks that I'm meeting along the way of this great life-adventure.

That's What It's All About!

No comments:

Post a Comment