The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 4 February 2010

And The Winner Is....ME!

Yes, dear Bloggees, the winner is most certainly me, because tomorrow is the BIG day in which I will go to move the Boat For My Potplants in its first phase, from Little Paxton, up the Great River Ouse, to the marina at St Neots, where it will be pulled up the slipway by a mighty tractor.

I am a winner indeed because not only will I be able to smell the mighty tractor in all its diesel glory, but I will also be able to stand on deck of my Boat For My Potplants as it is towed along the river and through a lock.

I'm staying at my mate Neil's house tonight so that we can be up at the crack of dawn and be off to his dad's (the present owner) place. I am duly equipped with the necessary equipment to extract the gallons of water that have collected inside the hull before we 'set sail'.

I am so excited that I can hardly contain my bilge pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment