The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Friday 5 February 2010

Sink and Soar

My heart sank.

I crawled through the canopy and fell in to the boat, and the true scale of the task that lay ahead dawned upon me as I surveyed the vessel and all its years of decay.

Shiver-me-timbers and shiver my body. We waited on the Boat For My Potplants for the marina's tow boat to turn up. It was cold. It was damp. It was cloudy.

I took up my position for the ride.

Half a mile up the river it was still cold. It was still damp. But as we approached the lock the sun came out, and the Canada geese took off in flight from the water just in front of us as we put-putted along. It was glorious.

And my heart soared.

No comments:

Post a Comment