The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 18 February 2010

It's all 'appenin' now

Yes indeed, dear bloggees! After what seems weeks of inactivity, things finally seem to be coming to a head. You see, I've had a problem. The Boat For My Potplants is in St Neots. I am in Wivenhoe. It takes two and a half hours to drive to St Neots. And then it rains. (And then I get paint-stripper on me). And I need to do some work on the boat before it is put in the water here, and the work has to be done when the boat is on dry land.

So on Monday I went to the Wivenhoe Sailing Club to ask if it would be possible for me to put the boat on their land while I work on it, and then use their slipway to launch it in the water.

'Does it have a motor?', I was asked at the Sailing Club. The clue is in the word 'sailing'. Enough said! You can guess the rest.

However, they did very kindly point me in the right direction, as well as the door. They gave me the name of the man to speak to at Alresford Creek Boat Owners Association. They don't mind motor boats there.

So, next Wednesday, 24th February is the day when the Boat For My Potplants will be coming to its new (temporary) home. Watch this space dear Bloggees for further details of the Boat Coming To A Place Near You.

No comments:

Post a Comment